07 Jun Benefits of Yoga
You can find lists of the positive benefits of Yoga all over the place. For convenience we’ll list them here, tailored towards the modern workforce.
- Counters the hours of sitting at a desk, which shorten muscles and create tension.
- Reduces stress, countering the fight or flight response, which causes damage to body systems that are shut down when stressed (reproductive, digestive, immune).
- Clarifies perception to boost creativity and problem solving ability.
- Improves long term health.
- How yoga reduces stress:
- Release of muscular tension facilitates the relaxation response
- Yoga massages and strengthens the skeletal system, taking stress away from muscles and tendons
- Yoga postures massage the organs, releasing tension, and allowing fresh blood to flow in
- The body believes what the mind believes. Affirmations, meditations, and positive imagery can induce the body to relax even if you are not currently feeling relaxed, are tense or stressed.